- Cigarettes are killing you. That inconvenient fact has been well known for over 100 years and it will remain true for the next 100 years and beyond. Cigarettes will never be “less fatal.”
- Cigarettes are killing your friends, family and innocent bystanders. That’s right. Befriending a smoker is like volunteering to live in a toxic waste dump and then being surprised that you’re starting to feel a little funny. Remember that very first drag? The one that made you dizzy and sick to your stomach? That was your first taste of what it’s like to kill living cells in your body. Non-smokers get to enjoy that same “fun” whenever you come around.
- Smokers smell bad.Smokers produce an offensive odor that travels much farther than smokers think. The circle of stench ranges from 10 or 15 feet when you’re not smoking up to 100’s of yards if you have a death stick lit up. Here are some of the signs:
- People at restaurants getting up and moving away from you
- People walking in your direction suddenly take a wide arc around you
- People fanning the air as they pass by you
- Negative comments heard under people’s breath
The fact is, the stench emanating from a smoker is as appealing as the smell of a dirty jock strap swirling around in a clogged urinal at a public sports facility on game day… maybe worse. (To its credit, the jock strap won’t kill you).
- Other people hate you because you smoke. Smokers are a drag to be around since their toxic fumes can’t be avoided. Your friends may make nice while you’re around, but they all privately see you in the same light as someone who farts all of the time or who projectile vomits several times an hour or one who likes to urinate all over your floor when they visit. It doesn’t take long for the welcome to wear out.
- Cigarette smokers are the ultimate corporate tool. Greedy tobacco companies understand that the proper use of their product results in fewer customers as time goes by (they die). To offset this problem, tobacco companies spend lots of money persuading people that they will be “cooler” if they smoke. Their perfect customer is someone with low self-esteem or low social standing. That’s why teens, the uneducated and the poor are so overwhelmingly susceptible to smoking. (Interestingly, military recruiters target the same groups for the same reasons.) Who else but a tool would pay top dollar to become diseased, impoverished and ultimately sacrificed so that corporate stockholders can have a vacation home somewhere? Smokers are tools.